Flexible printed circuit boards, also called Flexible PCBs or Flex PCBs, derive their name for their ability to enable the circuitry to be designed to fit the electronic device or product, as opposed to building the device to conform to the circuit board. Flex boards are characterized by a distinctly patterned printed circuitry and component arrangement highlighted by a malleable base material.
The Flexibility and Reliability of FPCB
1. At present, four kinds of flexible circuit boards are prevalent: single-layer board FPCB, double-layer FPCB, multi-layer FPCB and rigid-flexible FPCB. The single-layer FPCB has a layer of chemically etched conductive pattern, and the conductive pattern layer on the surface of the flexible insulating substrate is a rolled copper foil. The insulating substrates used of the flexible assembly may be Kapton, PET, Nomex, and PVC.
2. The double-layer FPCB has a conductive pattern formed by etching on both sides of the base film. The metallized holes connect the two sides of the insulating material to form a conductive path to meet the flexural design and functions. The covering film protects the single-layer and double-layer wires and indicates where the components are placed.
3. The multi-layer FPCB is formed by laminating three or more layers of single-layer FPCBs or double-layer Fpcbs, and forming metallized holes by drilling and electroplating to form conductive path between different layers. In this way, there is no need to adopt complex welding procedures. Although the number of conductive layers designed for this FPCB can be infinite, the interaction of the assembly size, the number of layers, and the flexibility should be taken into account in designing the layout in order to ensure the convenience of assembly.
4. Conventional rigid-flexible FPCB is made up of rigid and flexible substrates that are selectively laminated together. The structure is tight, and the metallized holes form an electrically conductive connection. Given reliability and price factors, manufacturers should try to keep as few layers as possible.
5. The FPCB industry is in the process of small scale but rapid development. PTF is a highly efficient, low-cost process for producing circuit boards. This process selectively prints conductive polymer inks on cheap flexible substrates. Its representative flexible substrate is PTE. PTF conductors include silk-printed metal fillers or carbon powder fillers. The PTF itself is clean and uses lead-free SMT adhesives without etching.
(1) It can be freely bent, wound, folded, can be arranged arbitrarily according to the spatial layout requirements, and can be arbitrarily moved and expanded in three-dimensional space, thereby achieving integration of component assembly and wire connection.
(2) The use of FPC can greatly reduce the size and weight of electronic products, and is suitable for the development of electronic products in the direction of high density, miniaturization, and high reliability. Therefore, FPC has been widely used in aerospace, military, mobile communications, laptop computers, computer peripherals, PDA, digital cameras and other fields or products.
(3) FPC also has the advantages of good heat dissipation and solderability, easy assembly, and low cost. The design of soft and hard combination makes up for the slight shortage of flexible substrate in the bearing capacity of components.
WHY CHOOSE YDY PCBA ?
1. We a real factory with 6 SMT lines, 2 DIP lines and a box building assemble line.
2. Management team are 10+ years experience in PCB assemble industry.
3. Our sales representatives are very stable and mostly worked here since the company establish. They can help you remember your projects details and requested.
4. Our engineers can contact with customers directly in English,the faster and more effective communication helps lead time a lot.
5. We buy components from famous international platform like Mouser, Digikey, Farnell, Future, Avnet, Arrow or agents. Repeat orders material normally ordered from the same source, we do not change suppliers time by time if everything goes well.
6. No components substitutes without customers approval. We know alternatives can save cost, but we don't want to make one time business. we always looking for long-term business.
Shenzhen Yideyi Technology Co., Ltd is a Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) manufacturer with 10years experience, specialized in single-sided, 2-layerd, multilayer and high density interconnector (HDI) PCB. our PCBs are used for auto industry, high power led, Office Appliance, electric toy, machinery, industrial lighting and so on.