The Flexibility and Reliability of FPCB
At present, four kinds of flexible circuit boards are prevalent: single-layer board FPCB, double-layer FPCB, multi-layer FPCB and rigid-flexible FPCB. The single-layer FPCB has a layer of chemically etched conductive pattern, and the conductive pattern layer on the surface of the flexible insulating substrate is a rolled copper foil. The insulating substrates used of the flexible assembly may be Kapton, PET, Nomex, and PVC.
The double-layer FPCB has a conductive pattern formed by etching on both sides of the base film. The metallized holes connect the two sides of the insulating material to form a conductive path to meet the flexural design and functions. The covering film protects the single-layer and double-layer wires and indicates where the components are placed.
The multi-layer FPCB is formed by laminating three or more layers of single-layer FPCBs or double-layer Fpcbs, and forming metallized holes by drilling and electroplating to form conductive path between different layers. In this way, there is no need to adopt complex welding procedures. Although the number of conductive layers designed for this FPCB can be infinite, the interaction of the assembly size, the number of layers, and the flexibility should be taken into account in designing the layout in order to ensure the convenience of assembly.
Conventional rigid-flexible FPCB is made up of rigid and flexible substrates that are selectively laminated together. The structure is tight, and the metallized holes form an electrically conductive connection. Given reliability and price factors, manufacturers should try to keep as few layers as possible.
The FPCB industry is in the process of small scale but rapid development. PTF is a highly efficient, low-cost process for producing circuit boards. This process selectively prints conductive polymer inks on cheap flexible substrates. Its representative flexible substrate is PTE. PTF conductors include silk-printed metal fillers or carbon powder fillers. The PTF itself is clean and uses lead-free SMT adhesives without etching.
The Applications of FPCB
Due to the rapid development of the times, people have more and more demand for electronic information, and the FPCB play an essential role in this case.
(1) Mobile phone
Emphasize the light weight and thinness of FPCB, it can effectively save the product volume, and easily make the battery, microphone, and key connect together.
(2) Computer and LCD screen
Take advantage of the integrated circuit configuration of FPCB, as well as the thickness, convert the digital signals into pictures and present them through the LCD screen.
(3) CD Walkman
Emphasize the three-dimensional assembly characteristics and thinness of FPCB, transform the huge CD into a companion.
(4) Disk drive
Whether it's a hard disk or a floppy disk, it relies heavily on the high softness and the ultra-thin thickness of 0.1mm of the FPC to complete fast data reading.
WHY CHOOSE YDY PCBA ?
1. We a real factory with 6 SMT lines, 2 DIP lines and a box building assemble line.
2. Management team are 10+ years experience in PCB assemble industry.
3. Our sales representatives are very stable and mostly worked here since the company establish. They can help you remember your projects details and requested.
4. Our engineers can contact with customers directly in English,the faster and more effective communication helps lead time a lot.
5. We buy components from famous international platform like Mouser, Digikey, Farnell, Future, Avnet, Arrow or agents. Repeat orders material normally ordered from the same source, we do not change suppliers time by time if everything goes well.
6. No components substitutes without customers approval. We know alternatives can save cost, but we don't want to make one time business. we always looking for long-term business.
PCB Manufacture Quality Control:
1. Engineering pretreatment before production
2. 100% E-test, 100% visual inspection
3. AOI inspection
4. High voltage test, impedance control test
5. Micro section, soldering capacity, thermal, shocking test
6. Reliability test, insulating resistance test, ionic cleanliness testing